Most people blow bubbles in
the warm Summer months
but we enjoy blowing bubbles all
year long, especially during the
cold Winter months! Here is a
fun activity for making Icy Bubbles.
What You Will Need:
What You Do:
- On a day when the temperature outside is below 32 degrees, and there is no wind, go outside and blow a bubble and keep it on the bubble blower.
- Watch the bubble closely and you will see ice crystals form on the bubble, until the bubble completely freezes into a bubble of ice.
- How long will your icy bubble last?
- Try chilling your bubble solution before heading outside. Chilled solution typically makes the bubbles freeze faster.
- When the bubbles begin to freeze, you will be able to watch this process. You might want to have a magnifying glass handy to see the action up close!
- After you have made a frozen bubble, experiment with popping it! Depending on the bubble solution you use, sometimes the bubbles shatter, and other times they just collapse.
- Experiment with different size bubbles. Blow small bubbles, medium bubbles, and large bubbles. Which bubbles freeze the fastest?
Want to make your own bubble solution? Try our Crazy Bubble Recipe
!Want More Winter Activities for Kids?
We have lots of fun indoor and outdoor winter activities for kids of all ages in our Play With Your Kids
section. Here are the links to these activities:
Track and Snow
Fox and Geese Backyard Game
Frozen Faces Treat
Indoor Snowball Fight
Marshmallow Snow Sculptures
Penny Hockey Game
Backyard Bird Buffet