It's a Keeper!
Go fishing indoors -
a fun rainy day activity!
This activity is great for practicing
hand-eye coordination and it's
just plain fun!
What You Will Need:
What You Do:
- Empty Plastic Bottles (clear soda bottles or clear water bottles work best)
- Small Rubber Band (the diameter of the rubber band should just fit the neck of your bottle)
- Paper (click here to download our Fish Templates)
- Wash and thoroughly dry three to six empty plastic bottles.
- Cut a piece of string to approximately 3 feet. Tie one end of the string to a rubber band, and the other end to a stick. This becomes your fishing pole and "hook". (The stick is optional).
- On a sheet of paper, draw the shape of a fish that is approximately 1" shorter than the length of your bottle, and just slightly wider than the width of your bottle. For example: If you are using a typical sized water bottle, make your fish approximately 6-1/2" long and 3" wide. Color your fish, then cut them out. You will need one fish per bottle. (Be sure to color both sides of your fish.)
- Slightly roll the cut-out fish lengthwise and put it inside your bottle, tail first. Replace the bottle cap. Repeat this step for each bottle to create a sea of fish!
- Place the bottle fish on their sides, on the floor in an open area.
- To play the game, take turns trying to catch a fish by positioning the rubber band "hook" over the neck of the bottle, then carefully pulling up on your fishing pole. If you are able to raise the bottle slightly, you've "got a nibble". If you can raise the bottle to your knees before it drops, you've caught a good sizes "keeper". If you can "reel in" the fish all the way to your waist, you've caught a whopper trophy fish!
Want More Activities for Kids?
- Use a variety of bottles in different lengths - this way, some of the "fish" will be real lunkers!
- Create a fishing score board to keep track of the size and number of fish each player caught. Who will win the tournament?
We have lots of fun indoor and outdoor activities for kids of all ages in our Creative Play Ideas
Regular Price: $9.99
Our Price: $9.79
You Save: 2% ($0.20)
Regular Price: $189.99
Our Price: $184.99
You Save: 3% ($5.00)
Regular Price: $14.95
Our Price: $13.95
You Save: 7% ($1.00)