Too cold to play outside?
Don't have snow where you live?
No problem! Have a snowball fight indoors!
This is a great activity to get kids moving and active and there's sure to be a lot of laughter. Get your camera ready!
What You Will Need:
What You Do:
- Scrap White Paper (8-1/2 x 11 paper makes perfect sized "snowballs")
- Baskets or containers to hold snowballs
- 4 or more players (can be played with less people, but is definitely more fun with more people)
- Safe, open play area in your home
- Invite your kids' friends over for an Indoor Snowball Fight!
- Have all the players make their "snowballs" by crumpling white sheets of paper into a ball. Place "snowballs" in a basket until ready to use.
- Once everyone has made as many "snowballs" as desired, let the Snowball Fight begin!
Want More Winter Activities for Kids?
- You might want to establish two teams of players and build "snow forts" out of piles of pillows or couch cushions draped with white sheets to hide behind.
- When it's time to clean up, have kids try to throw their "snowballs" into the baskets as target practice a fun way to pick up all the paper.
- Any white paper will work used printer paper, inexpensive newsprint paper, or white tissue paper are our favorites.
- If you prefer not to use paper for this activity, you can purchase large white Pom Poms from a craft store (or, if you are crafty, make your own).
- Instead of an Indoor Snowball Fight, you could also create targets on large sheets of paper laid on the floor and have kids try to thrown their "snowballs" at the target to win points.
We have lots of fun indoor and outdoor winter activities for kids of all ages in our Play With Your Kids
section. Here are the links to these activities:
Track and Snow
Fox and Geese Backyard Game
Frozen Faces Treat
Marshmallow Snow Sculptures
Penny Hockey Game
Backyard Bird Buffet