Cheery Jingle Bell Glasses
Cheers! Dress-up your
every day drinking glasses
for holiday celebrations!
Make a set to give as a gift, too!
What You Will Need:
What You Do:
- Clear-glass Drinking Glasses
- Red Ribbon
- Red Thread
- Sewing Needle
- Silver Jingle Bells
- Velcro or Snaps (optional)
- Measure the length of ribbon you will need for your glasses, then cut to length. Make sure to leave a little extra for overlap so you can secure the ribbon around the glass. (We recommend using a wide ribbon so the ribbon will support the weight of the bells.)
- Use a needle and thread to attach the jingle bells to the ribbon, separating the bells by 1/2" to 1" (depending on the size of your glass and how many bells you want).
- Sew on a piece of Velcro to the overlapping ends.
- Wrap the ribbon around the bottom portion of your glass and secure with the Velcro. Velcro or snaps allow the ribbon and bells to be removed, to clean the glasses.
- Pour your favorite beverage and enjoy! Cheers!
- You could use different colored ribbons for each glass. This will help guests know which glass is theirs.
- Make a set of glasses for your own holiday celebrations, and another set to give as a gift! You can purchase inexpensive beverage glasses at local discount stores, and they work great for this idea.
- If you don't like sewing, use hot glue to adhere the jingle bells to the ribbon, then either tie the ribbon around the glasses, or hot glue Velcro to the ends of the ribbon.