Classic Metal Jax and Ball Set
A childhood classic!
This Classic Metal Jax and Ball Set
is fun to play! Just put all the jax in your hand and toss them on the ground. Bounce the ball and pick up one jax. Bounce the ball again and pick up two jax. Keep bouncing the ball and picking up jax until you have picked up all eight jax - with one bounce!
Sound easy? It's more challenging than you think!
Play jax outside on a sidewalk, inside on the floor, or wherever there is a flat surface!
Make sure to see our game ideas listed at the bottom of this page!Contains:
- 8 1" Metal Jax
- 1 Hi-Bounce Ball
WARNING! CHOKING HAZARD
- Recommended Ages: 5 and up
- Material: Jax are premium metal
- Small parts. Toy contains a small ball. Not for children under 3 years.
This classic jax (jacks) set is fun for kids of all ages. A timeless game that can be played anywhere!
What other things can you do with this product?
We've included some of our "outside the box" creative ideas below to help get you started...
For more unique ideas, go to our Free Resources for Parents and Educators
- Makes a perfect party favor, stocking stuffer gift, or a small classroom gift.
- This set is a fun Fiddlet for keeping hands busy while studying or listening to audio books. Perfect for kinesthetic learners.
- Use this set to help children learn math! Count the jax as they are picked up (addition), then reverse the play by placing jax on the ground from your hand (subtraction).
- Looking for an activity for birthday parties or backyard bar-b-ques? Place a couple sets of jax out for your guests and challenge them to see who can pick up the most jax during their turn. Fun for all ages!
- Encourage your kids to make up their own versions of this classic game.
- Here are directions for one way to play jacks: Sit on the sidewalk and gently toss the jacks onto the sidewalk so they are scattered randomly. Using whichever hand you prefer, toss the ball into the air and quickly pick up one jack, then catch the ball before it bounces using that same hand. Repeat these steps until you have picked up all the jacks. This game is called "onesies".
- Want another version? Gently toss the jacks onto the playing surface. Using whichever hand you prefer, toss the ball into the air and pick up one jack, then catch the ball before it bounces using that same hand. While holding the one jack in your hand, toss the ball into the air again, and quickly pick up two jacks, and catch the ball before it bounces. Repeat these steps, picking up three jacks, then four jacks, etc., until you pick up all the jacks at one time.
- Want yet another variation? Play the games as mentioned above, but bounce the ball on the playing surface instead of tossing the ball into the air. Make sure you pick up the jacks with only one bounce of the ball.