Mechanical Music Box Set
Create your own music!
Traditional music boxes usually play a single tune, but with this inventive Music Box Set
, you can program the music box to play whatever tune you want!
This Music Box works a lot like a miniature player piano - you punch holes into the strips of paper, then crank the paper through the Music Box to produce your own songs!
Create your favorite tunes or compose new ones - the possibilities are endless!
The Music Box has a two octave range (key of C), that plays chords as well as single notes.
A fun, interactive way to learn and create music!Make sure to see our ideas below for creative ways to use this set!Contains:
- 1 Programmable Music Box
- 1 Hole Punch
- "Happy Birthday" Pre-Punched Music Strip
- 3 Blank Music Strips (Refill Music Sheets are also available)
- Recommended Ages: 8 through adult
- Music Box: 3" x 1"
- Music Strip: 1-3/4" x 18-3/4", 80-pound paper
This set is fun for kids and adults! It is very satisfying to create and play music that you've created!
What other things can you do with this product?
We've included some of our "outside the box" creative ideas below to help get you started...
For more unique ideas, go to our Free Resources for Parents and Educators
- While this music box is quite loud when held on a flat surface, it does have screw holes in it's base so it can be mounted to a wooden box for more amplification.
- Link the paper strips together to create longer pieces of music.
- Splice the paper strips together to form a continuous loop of music!
- This set makes a great gift for any music lover! Use it as a party favor, or a stocking stuffer gift. Use one of the strips of paper to create a tune just for that special someone - they'll love the thoughtfulness of this unique gift!
- Create more complex music by using several music box sets and playing them at the same time. This is a fun challenge for kids - see what they come up with!
- The Refill Music Sheets are perfect for creating more and more music! But for those of you who like to make your own, the strips are 1-3/4" wide x 18-3/4" long, and are printed on 80-pound paper. We like to make our own strips for the trial and error music we create, then when we have the tune just the way we want it, we transfer it to an actual music strip for this set. This way, we have our music saved on a nice sheet that can be played over and over again.